A tracking pixel is an HTML code snippet, which tracks a user's behaviour on a webpage. The most commonly used in Audience Republic campaigns is a Facebook pixel, to track fans who visited the campaign URL, but did not register. The promoter then has the ability to retarget the fans who did not register with Facebook ads.
- You can add any html tracking pixels to the campaigns.
- Audience Republic does not support floodlight tags.
What you need to insert the tracking pixel
The full HTML code is needed to input the pixel on the campaign. Facebook calls this the "pixel base code." It looks like the below:
<!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->
<noscript><img height="1" width="1" style="display:none"
<!-- End Facebook Pixel Code -->
How to add tracking pixels to your Audience Republic Campaign
- Navigate to the Campaigns menu
- Find the campaign you want to add the pixels to and select Edit campaign
- In Step 1, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Custom HTML to expand this section and reveal 2 text boxes: HMTL Head and HTML Body.
- Insert the code into the HTML Head text box
- You can insert more than one pixel into the HTML Head, simply add the second pixel code to the next line of text.
- Once all code has been inserted to the box, click Next for Steps 2 - 6 to save your changes.